From: Khurram Naveed
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
2009 July 27 06:23:50 UTC
· Monday, July 27, 2009 at 06:23:50 UTC
· Monday, July 27, 2009 at 11:23:50 AM at epicenter
38.4 km (23.9 miles)
· 77 km (48 miles) E (80°) from
· 138 km (86 miles) N (2°) from
· 151 km (94 miles) SW (223°) from Gilgit,
horizontal +/- 8.3 km (5.2 miles); depth +/- 20.8 km (12.9 miles)
NST= 43, Nph= 43, Dmin=867.2 km, Rmss=0.86 sec, Gp= 94°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=7
· U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology,
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
I was in need of a free online storage space for sharing purposes for a group, so i googled it and the summary of the first 5 links i found is as follows:
- XDrive www.xdrive.com, a very old service is no longer available.
- box https://www.box.net/, has a free version with these features:
Lite - Free
For personal file sharing and small short-term projects.
- 5 collaboration folders
- 1 GB storage
- Up to 25 MB per file
- Folder widget
- OpenBox services
- Mobile Access
- Public file sharing
- ElephantDrive https://www.elephantdrive.com/, is not free
- IDrive http://www.idrive.com/, has a free version with 2 GB of online backup space absolutely free. Store your photos, documents and other important data.
- ADrive http://www.adrive.com, has a free version with these details:
ADrive’s Basic plan offers individual users 50GB of online storage and backup for all file types including access to our basic service features, all for FREE. With our Basic plan you will have the essentials to store, backup, share, and edit your documents online.
Basic Plan Features:
- Universal Access
- 50GB Storage Capacity (per account)
- File Sharing
- Folder/Directory Upload
- File Download
- Easy Search Tool
- Remote File Transfer
- International Character Support
- Zoho® Editor
Sign up for the free ADrive Basic plan.
Need more than just the Basic plan? Compare our available storage and backup solutions to find a plan that best suits you.
Looking for a storage and backup solution for your business? Please visit our Enterprise Solutions.
- OpenDrive http://www.opendrive.com/, is free till 1 GB account.
- SkyDrive http://skydrive.live.com, has 25GB of free space and its connected to all of your other live services
- FreeDrive http://www.freedrive.com/, is free till 1 GB account.
- 123Drive http://drive.123-reg.co.uk/, has
- Diino http://www.diino.com/ is not free.
So it seems that ADrive and SkyDrive are the best options!
Friday, July 24, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
I wanted to learn how to use vlookup in Excel and found this article very useful.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
World's Best Office Complex, Chicago...
Chicago Merchandise Mart... Illinois, USA...
World's Busiest Airport... New
J.F.K International Airport , New York........ ......... ...USA
World's Widest Bridge, Australia...
Sydney harbor bridge, Australia... .....16 lanes of car traffic..... 8 lanes in the upper floor, 8 in the lower floor...
World's Longest Bridge, China...
Donghai Bridge... China... 32.5 KMs
World's Biggest Passenger Ship...
MS Freedom of the Seas... 4300 passenger Capacity Inside...
World's Biggest Plane, Airbus...
Airbus A380... 555 Passengers...
World's Biggest Statue...
CHRIST THE REDEEMER STATUE... RIO.D.J., BRAZIL...
World's Tallest Building...
Burj Dubai... 900 meters high. To be finally completed 2008...
World's Biggest Stadium, Brazil...
MARACANA STADIUM... RIO D.J. BRAZIL... CAPACITY 199,000
World's Costliest Stadium, England...
New WEMBLEY STADIUM, London....90, 000 capacities.. . Cost.. $1.6 billion
Most Complex Interchange. ..TEXAS.. .
Interstate 10 Highways Interchange. .....Houston, Texas.
World's Biggest Excavator...
Built by KRUPP of Germany... 45,500 Tons... 95 meters high...
215 meters long....
World's Most Expensive Hotel, Dubai...
Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai.... Only 7 Star Hotel in the World...
Cheapest room... $1000 per night... Royal suit... $28,000 per night
World's Biggest Church,
Winners`C Hapel... Canaanland.. . Otta... Nigeria...
Inside Sitting Capacity... 50,000, Outside Overflow Capacity... 250,000From: Wajeeha Erum
Attention Soapbox Users,
MSN will no longer offer Soapbox, the user generated video service within MSN Video, as of August 31, 2009. Beginning on July 29, you will no longer be able to upload videos to Soapbox. People who have uploaded videos to Soapbox will have until August 31, 2009 to download them. Please make sure you download your videos by this date if you would like to keep them. We will have a notice running in the Soapbox service to remind you to download your videos. It is our goal that you download and keep all of the videos you uploaded that are important to you. Online video is a key part of the MSN experience and we will continue to offer a rich experience on MSN Video. We will also continue to invest in delivering great customer experiences, while keeping a keen eye on our business objectives during this tough economic climate. Thank you for your support of MSN Video. More details and download instructions are available at: http://video.msn.com/shutdown.html
Thank you for using Soapbox.
The MSN Video Team
Your Digital Locker Account Will Be Closed in August, 2009.
Dear Digital Locker Customer,
This is to notify you that on November 20, 2008 Windows® Marketplace transitioned from an e-commerce site to a reference site. On Windows Marketplace you will find links to sites such as Microsoft Store, Windows Vista® Compatibility Center, and other destinations with compatible software, hardware and devices that support Microsoft platforms. As part of this transition, the digital locker service affiliated with Windows Marketplace will be closed on August 31st, 2009.
If you made a purchase on Windows Marketplace, you acquired a digital locker account in order to purchase, download and install products from Windows Marketplace. You may be using your digital locker account to store and maintain information about software you purchased, including license information to enable you to reinstall your software or get assistance from the software reseller.
The digital locker service will continue to be available until August 31st, 2009. During this time, you should back up the contents of your digital locker account before they are permanently deleted:
1. To maintain your software records, go to your digital locker account and print a copy of the software information located there.
2. To backup your software to a CD so that you always have a copy, follow the CD back-up instructions in the “What happens to digital locker?” Section in the Windows Marketplace FAQ.
More information is available at Windows Marketplace FAQ.
The Windows Marketplace Team
Microsoft respects your privacy. Please read our online Privacy Statement.