Sunday, September 11, 2011

Team Up and Grow!

Post Type :

Article

clip_image001

Team Up and Grow!
by Anum Shaheen
Another day, another weekly review. I’m sitting in the conference room, the first one to arrive (how typical, can’t everyone be on time for once?). As the minutes drag by, the rest of the ‘team’ files in. Finally, we’re seated, and now wait for the Big B to walk in and take grace us with his presence.
The boss arrives, the meeting begins.
Numbers, trends, pitfalls, lapses…business as usual. Doesn’t anyone remember that great thank you letter I received from a key customer last week? Or that I successfully completed my training hours for the month? Or even…it was my birthday yesterday?! Tick tock, tick tock, now the meeting’s over, and everyone will return to their cubicles with their staplers and the rat race for who gets to leave by 6 will begin. Ugh! Why am I here?!’

Depressing isn’t it? And unfortunate, considering that this defines the typical work place, and attitude of most employees! And to this end, the one ...read more


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...