Sunday, August 29, 2010

Will we have an extravagant Iftari tonight?

Post Type :

A few days back few of my gym pals suggested let’s go for iftari at Pir Sohawa. First thought as a “human” that came to my mind while fasting was wow a scrumptious meal at picturesque Pir Sohawa!! An instant second thought was I am going to spend Rs 1000 if not less at a restaurant, where I will end up overeating and having a heavy feeling, when there are millions in my country who perhaps may have no meal tonight, why not donate that to the relief efforts going on in flood affected areas. With that I said to my friends; hey buddies plz give me Rs 1000 each that you were to spend on iftari let’s pool that money and give it to a relief camp, and that is what we just did. I enjoyed a decent iftari at home with my family instead.
I am sure we have had lot of iftari’s, amazing one’s in life and we will have a lot more INSHALLAH! But this Ramzan can we try to cut down on our extravagant life style and pitch in for our fellow countrymen in need? They need your help, so please help. Let’s forget about who is doing what, the need of the time is what can “I” do myself, how can “I” contribute. Because together all I’s become “We”.
I post here a link where you can find all the credible sources where you can donate. Every penny counts, make yourself count.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/33675/flood-crisis-how-to-help/
Thanks for your time and reading through.

From: Syed Ali Moazzam


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...