Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Choice

Post Type :

A choice

A choice to be happy

A choice to be me

A choice that has set me free

Free from ignorance

Free from blame

A choice is what I have made

A choice to believe

A choice to stand tall

A choice to be judge

From the only One

A choice of free will

Which no one can shove

A choice between the Almighty One and me This choice you see Has set me free This hijab I wear A Choice I bear It sets me free From society I cover my hair That choice is for me I don't need acceptance From society I am not oppressed Society is They choose for you what you should be But I choose to be who I want to be Why is nun showered with respect?

And Muslim women looked down on with reject We choose to cover, that is our choice But why the difference, we choose the same path It is not up to you to judge our rule It's a choice that only one can make A choice for God is all it takes A choice to be liked for my mind is all A choice to be accepted for how I stand tall A choice to stand with this flag I bear A choice to represent honesty, and respect A choice to stand with integrity in hand A choice to be heard for my words and actions A choice I have chosen that truly sets me free I don't need your opinion; it's solely up to me A choice to be known for whom I am Not to be liked, for a strand of hair A choice to be whom I choose to be I choose to be a proud Muslim I choose to represent the beauty of Islam A choice that was solely all my own!

By sister C.A


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...