Sunday, December 8, 2013

Beware of Travel/Tour Operators having small counters in Malls of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Sometime ago I went to Riyadh Gallery with my wife, a man in a suit came near us and said we are the lucky winner of a free travel tour which is only for families. Being new to malls in Riyadh, I thought it might be something valid and went to their counter near by to get more information. He informed about his company which was ‘Gold Coast Tours Operators’. He mentioned they are doing this to promote their company because they are new in this market.
Their FB pg: https://www.facebook.com/GoldCoastSA

He showed me the brochure of the company and informed that the whole tour would be completely free.  He informed that we have to visit their office the next day to get this free tour package. The office was on King Abdul Aziz Road, we went there and found it quite crowded with families who came to claim their gift. They took us in a cabin and a person informed us about their company in detail and then offered us some better paid packages of 5 Star Hotels which we had to avail the same day by paying some money or those would expire.

We informed him that we are not interested and upon that he kept on trying to sell those to us. We still didn’t buy so he called his manager and then that manager tried to convince us to buy it, they were putting a lot of pressure and they had invited only families so that they could convince the wife or the kids and put more pressure on the husband. It was getting more and more difficult to say them no again and again in a polite way, anyway we didn’t buy it. They gave us the form on which the previously mentioned free tour was mentioned. This time the details were free accommodation in a Hotel, Breakfast and Dinner Open Buffet SR150/person and we had to buy this buffet as a must and this had to be paid in advance. This whole process took more than an hour.

We came back and didn’t proceed on this package. Their purpose is to attract families to come to their office by offering fake free packages and there they put pressure on them to buy a paid vacations package. So if someone approach you just deny them that you are not interested, it would save you a lot of time and hassle.




 
urShadow's Blog: Beware of these Frauds / Scams !!!
 
 
Clip Betterhttp://naumankhan.blogspot.com/2015/07/beware-of-th…
 
View Now
 



-urShadow

14 comments:

  1. guys be very careful, goldcoast (gold coast) tour operators also have taken my money and are not giving me my money
    beware of them. I became there victim in the Riyadh gallery. They will lie that they will give you 5-star hotels, but in reality the contract will say 4 and 5 star. And ironically, when you will asking for bookings, they will actually give you screenshots from their booking system which shows two star and three star hotels as four/five star. They have started operations under a new name ( I don't know yet) at exit 11 in the dar-al-khair building.
    Beware tags riyadh fraud travel agent tours goldcoast abu fahad ayedh al-harbi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know the location of Gold Coast new office? Please reply with complete address.

      Thank you.

      Delete
    2. Do you know location of their new address?

      Delete
    3. They are currently operating as " Moon Gate" travel company... Exact same method is still being used... I just visited their office today but thankfully did not buy any package from them... Honestly they were too good to be true.... Everything about them and their company seemed suspicious, ....

      Delete
  2. Hello Everyone,

    I became member of Gold Coast Tours and Operators on 19th August, 2013 for 42 nights and initially paid them SAR. 10200/- at the time of membership and 3 installments of SAR. 500/- afterwards.

    On 3rd December, 2013, I asked them to provide me hotel reservation for 4-5 star hotels as agreed per contract for Malaysia which they failed to do so and provided me 3 star hotels with bad reviews on tripadvisor.com. However, I denied to use their hotel and cancelled my booking with them. Furthermore, I have also stopped giving them monthly installments since then.

    After sometime one of Gold Coast tours manager called me and invited me to come to his office to discuss why I have stopped giving them monthly installments. Anyhow, I met him in his office and explain him everything that how his customer service department failed to provide me 4-5 star hotel for my reservation for Malaysia. After listening to all my complains he said sorry for whatever happened in past and promised me that it will not happen again, I will take care of your future reservation personally so that you will be happy and satisfactory with our service. Further, he requested me to continue with my monthly installments which I straight away denied and said I will only start paying my monthly installments once I get satisfactory result of my future booking and I left his office.

    On 15th November, 2014, I again asked them to provide me hotel reservation for Turkey. This time they provide me 4-5 start hotels on which I agreed and asked them to confirm my booking with selected hotels from their provided list.

    On 19th November, 2014, I have updated them with my visa status of Turkey and requested them to speed up my hotel reservation process as I was intended to travel after 3 weeks. However, on 25th November, 2014, I received an email from Mr. Hussin Nassar(Customer Service Manager - Gold Coast Tours) as below:

    "Kindly notice that your reservation cancelled due to some issues between the agents and our owner. No nights will be deducted from your balanced with us. For any more clarifications please contact our owner and general manager directly Mr. Mohamed Alharby"

    After that I tried to call Mr. Mohamed Al-harbi many times and sent several SMS but he didn't even bother to respond to any of it. However, I sent another email to Mr. Hussin Nassar (Customer Service Manager - Gold Coast Tours) to explain him that his manager is not responding to my emails and I am left with only 1 week time prior to my travel to Turkey; Please reply.

    On Thursday, December 4, 2014, I received an email from Mr. Hussin Nassar in which he states:

    "Dear, Kindly notice that we are in vacation until next week and as I informed you before please contact the below phone no. for any clarifications. Thank you."

    Soon after, I visited Gold Coast Tours office and found that their office was closed. Shut down with complaint letters on the wall outside

    If anyone have any information about them please contact me on this number 054 7002281 or reply to this message. I will be grateful to you. Hope together we find out any solution to take back our money from Gold Coast tours.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to contact you but your cell is not in service..i m also one of their victim..u can whatsapp me on 0598184355

      Delete
  3. Did anyone complained in police?
    In Riyadh Gallery there is another company with the Name of SAPPHIRE and probably same guys luring family.
    I am one of the victim of Gold Coast and don’t know their whereabouts; I am planning to take my Saudi/Arabic speaker friends to report in police in Riyadh.
    If there is any other victim who is willing to be part, he/she is most welcome to reach me at 0564412136

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear friends,
    Spread about this fraud company in all social network websites and media . There are many victims of this fraud and need to meet altogether and file a complaint with concerned authority or police. I have in touch with 3 person who got cheated by goldcoast. Circulate this message as much as possible and hope we will find solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those who are victims in Riyadh, have contract Agreement, receipts of payment and willing to be party in court case contact me (call/sms/whatsup) 0551312195

      Delete
    2. iam also a victim of gold coast but iam fro Al gassim . My mobile number is 0507842148. I also have their contract agreement and payment receipt. Dr Mohd Areef

      Delete
    3. Dear Dr. I am also victim in al khobar of this fraud company, please be in touch to find them and report them, my number is 0506363748.

      Thanks and regards.

      Delete
  5. I m also from al khobar, victim of gold coast tour operator, guys plz help me to get their office location or contact no

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are currently in Riyadh near kingdom tower ... Visited them today ... Everything about them was very suspicious... They are working as "moon gate operators" ... Exact same method was used , they had a stall infront of the Home Center at exit 16, said we r lucky winner of free trip ... But we had to visit their office next day to collect gift... We went to their pathetic office today and it was very obvious that they were a scam.... If its too good to be true,it usually isn't.... We did not agree upon anything with them... Wasted 2 hours though...

      Delete
  6. This is a fantastic blog. I enjoyed reading and the information values. We are offering good package for Maldives. Check out here: saudi arabia vacation packages

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...