- Prepare the following documents:
- 4 passport size photographs
- Iqama copy
- Driving license of your native country
- Copy of Driving license of your native country
- Reach Dallah Driving School at Takassusi Road by 7:15am (Sat to Wed).
- There is a shop outside the school which do Arabic translation of your Driving license of your native country. Get the translation done and get it stamped as well from the same shop. I think they would charge around SR40/50 for that.
- There is another shop which prepare files, go to that shop and give them all the documents mentioned above, they will prepare your file. Take that file and go to the photo studio there, he will be able to pay your driving license fee through his mobile phone and his charges for this service would be around SR 30.
- Fee for 5 years license is SR 200 and for 10 years license is SR 400.
- The medical lab would open by 8am, try to stand in front of it to be the first one to get the medical test. It would cost SR 30.
- Medic would write your blood group on your form. After medical test go inside the school to hall 2 on left.
- Go to the eye test guy, he will check your eyes and will sign on the form.
- Go to hall 4 for driving test and sit on the seat in queue for your turn to take the driving test.
- On your turn, go into the car, the cars are Toyota Camry, put on seat belt, drive the car as instructed by the instructor sitting on the passenger seat.
- He would normally ask you to drive straight or in a circle, would ask you to stop, reverse, stop, drive forward and that’s it.
- He would sign your file, take that to room 2 again on counter on right and pay the driving test fee which is around SR 100.
- He will give you the receipt with hall number and time of class mentioned on it. Classes usually happen twice a day, 9am and 3pm. You would be called at any of those timings.
- At that time, go to Hall 5 for class, in that class they will guide you about Computer test and Driving test which is going to happen most probably next day at 7am.
- In that class they would provide you a book or chart paper with traffic signs and rules mentioned on it, you have to prepare those because computer test would come from those. Those are available in 11 languages, you can choose whichever language you are comfortable with.
- They would inform that in computer test, for license for cars, there would be total 20 questions and you have to answer correctly at least 15 of them to pass the test. All questions would be MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions). Those would appear on touch screen based consoled with headphone for voice instructions. Total time for solving this test would be 30 mins, you would have an option to pass the Question if you don’t know the answer and that Question would appear later. Normally you should expect around 7 Questions from Traffic Signs, 2 Questions from points, 4 Questions from such Questions which have “all of the above” option, rest from remaining. In questions with “all of the above” option, the correct answer is always “all of the above”.
- The class would last for around 1 hr. At the end of the class they will inform you about the time of computer test, which would be most expectedly next morning 7am.
- At 7am, you would have to gather in a hall which is behind the driving testing field, there you would be called on your turn for the computer test.
- If you clear the computer test then they will take you for driving test. In driving test, you have to wear the seat belt, adjust the side and back mirrors and seat accordingly, put car in 1st gear, take off hand break, turn off double signals, use left signal to come on road, drive normally and follow the instructions of the instructor sitting on passenger seat.
- While stopping, use right signal to park, use double signals, put on hand break, put the gear in neutral, take off seat belt and open the door and leave the car.
- After that you would again have to wait in the hall in which you waited for computer test and after some time, your name would be called and you would be informed if you have passed the driving test or not.
- If you pass then go to hall 1, punch all the papers in the file to place them properly, go to counters on front right corner. He will take your file and will ask you to wait.
- After some time they will give you your driving license and that’s it.
- If you fail at any test then they will ask you to come back after a week, they can also ask you to take driving classes based on your performance.
References which might help in preparation for general traffic signals: (from Rabia)
Here is a very good infographic to explain the process in simple steps:
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions: