· Walk: If you are not used to regular physical activity like exercise or sports then you should start regular walking before hajj, keep a target of 4km walk in one go.
· Traveling on your own Car: If you are traveling in your own car then you would not be able to enter Makkah city, no matter whichever route you take, you would be guided to park your car in a Hajj Parking dedicated for that route. You will find taxis and buses from Hajj Parking going into Makkah city. You will have to come back to this location after hajj thus plz note down the exact location of your car. Finding your camp in Mina is not an easy task thus I would highly recommend that you stay with your group.
From 7th September 2016, no personal car will be allowed inside Makkah city - MOI.GOV.SA
· Locations: Ask your Hajj Service Provider to provide you with the accommodation locations in Makkah, Madina, Mina, Arafat and Muzdalifah, preferably GPS coordinates so that you can see them on Google Maps. It is handy in case you get lost or if you want to travel at your own. It will also give you an idea how good the locations are (near to Jamarah and Train Stations).
· Transportation: Ask your Hajj Service Provider about the mode of transportation they will provide for traveling inside Saudi Arabia:
- From Jeddah Airport to Makkah (and Vice Versa)
- From Haram to Mina (and Vice Versa)
- It took us less than an hour on Bus provided by our Hajj agent
- We took private bus from Mina to Haram on another occasion and it charged us SR50/head
- We took taxi from Haram to Mina on another occasion and it charged us SR50 but it dropped us far from our camp because taxies were not allowed beyond that point thus it was not much useful
- From Mina to Arafat (It took us 1.5 hr on Foot and Train)
- From Arafat to Muzdalifah (It took us 2.5 hr on Foot and Train)
- From Muzdalifah to Mina (It took us 1 hr on Foot and Train)
- From Makkah to Madina (and Vice Versa)
· While Performing Tuwaf: There are 5 locations for performing Tuwaf in Haram, you can choose the appropriate location:
- Metaf which is nearest to Kaba (Open Air)
- Basement Floor
- Ground Floor
- 1st Floor (It took us 1.5hr to perform Tawaf ul Widah)
- 2nd Floor (Open Air)
· While Performing Sa’ee: There are 4 locations for performing Sahi in Haram, you can choose the appropriate location:
- Basement Floor
- Ground Floor (Most Crowded)
- 1st Floor (Less Crowded)
- 2nd Floor (Least Crowded)
· While in Muzdalifah: It is highly recommended that you plan yourself in a way that you don’t have to use washroom in Muzdalifah due to (usually) very limited availability of washrooms and water in Muzdalifah.
· While Performing Rami: It is recommended to choose 3rd or 4th floor of Jamaraat to avoid crowd.
- For any emergency in Makkah region, you can call Emergency Number: 911
- For Medical Services (an Ambulance) you can call Red Crescent KSA Ambulance Emergency Number: 997.
· Wheelchair in Makkah: If you are looking to buy a wheelchair then you can find it in pharmacies near Bin Dawood Mall. If you want to buy a better one with better built quality and features then you can ask for directions for Tareeq(road) Ibrahim Khalil, it is not far from haram. You would find pharmacies there but it is expected to be expensive. For relatively cheaper wheelchair you can take taxi and visit Azizia area near City Plaza, there is a big Nahadi pharmacy and there are other pharmacies as well. A cheaper option is to go to Kakiya, where you would find wholesales shops but this place is far from haram.