Friday, October 1, 2010

Unable to login SQL Server 2010

Post Type :

When i tried to login SQL Server 2010 after 1 month i received the following error:

“An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)”

After some search I found this link: http://www.microsoft.com/products/ee/transform.aspx?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=2

so I checked “SQL Server Configuration Manager” and found that the server was not running, I tried to start it but it gave me an error. I checked windows services and sql server instances were not running, I tried to run them and it gave me an error about user. I created SQL servers users in windows users and provided them with admin and sql groups rights and then tried to run the sql service in windows services and it ran. It was also visible in “SQL Server Configuration Manager”. Then tried to login the server and it did, problem solved. It seems someone deleted appropriate users from windows users.

-urShadow


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...