Thursday, September 17, 2015

Importance of Encouraging Feedback - Case Study (stc.com.sa)

2015-09-17_11-46-50

STC being the biggest Telecom Operator of KSA has a very busy website (stc.com.sa), according to Alexa it is the 57th most visited website in the Kingdom. A few days ago I came across a bug in the website:

 

In the below snapshot when I used the drop down list to choose Pakistan, the scrollbar fly through the names of the countries and it was very difficult to find and choose Pakistan. Pressing ‘P’ on keyboard also didn't take me to the country name starting with letter ‘P’. Whereas if I did the same in Firefox, the scrollbar was normal and I could easily scroll and choose Pakistan. This bug was present on all similar scrollbars on stc.com.sa and it was very irritating as I was not able to choose the country of my choice.

 

Chrome:

 

Firefox:

 

I reported it to STC and they fixed it immediately and the new look they introduced is modern and very user friendly:

 

With so many views per day, this bug was still hiding in the website.

Always encourage your users to share their feedback and make it easy for them, this will help you enhance your product/service.

 
 
Importance of Encouraging Feedback - Case Study (stc.com.sa)
 
STC being the biggest Telecom Operator of KSA has a very busy website (stc.com.sa), according to Alexa it is the 57th most visited website in the Kin
 
Clip Better   http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/importance-encouragin…
 
      View Now  
 
 

 

-urShadow


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...